Governing Body's Vision
- As governors we aim to learn from each other, recognising and valuing the balance of gifts and experience we bring to the team.
- We aim to be alert to the needs of the communities we serve; open to learning from parents, staff, and children.
- We aim to keep our knowledge of our task up to date and relevant in the current education climate, both locally and nationally
- We support the whole school as a learning community, making sure that attention is given to staff development for the further benefit of the children.
- The values of the Christian faith are a firm foundation for life and learning.
- We believe that every child is unique and valued.
- The Christian ethos of the school informs our work; in the way we make decisions, treat others and want the best for every child.
- In an education that aims to provide an equality of opportunity for each child.
- In supporting the school giving the children as broad an education as possible that they may be better able to develop their gifts and be prepared for the future.
- We aim to support the staff in achieving excellent standards of education for the children at Norton School, and imparting an attitude of life-long learning.
- A school community that works well together based on relationships of trust.
- A school that stands up to scrutiny from outside agencies
- A school that can adapt to change in national education policy.
- A school that is on a firm financial footing and able to withstand difficulty and change.