Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer. For example, you can use the funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
Here is how funding was spent in the past three years and how we propose to spend it in 2022-23
We are also required to show evidence of how the sport premium impacts pupils in terms of teaching, competitions and the activities they are offered.
We are also required to publish how many pupils within our year 6 cohort can do each of the following:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- use a range of strokes effectively
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations
Percentages based on our Year 6 pupils (2021-22) are as follows:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres - 85%
- use a range of strokes effectively - 85%
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations - 96%