Who are we?
We are Wilf, Griff, Harry, Lilly, Hollie and Leah. We are all in Year 6 at Norton. Our role is to help plan, deliver and evaluate our collective worship in school. We also help to promote our school Christian values. If you have any ideas for Collective Worship please come and talk to one of us.
What we are working on
Each Wednesday we meet with Mrs Harris. Here is what we have been discussing recently:
Wednesday 21st September:
- We agreed on a format for evaluating collective worship.
- The worship team have made a list of children willing to evaluate collective worship. Hollie and Wilf will make a table to keep track of who has had a turn. Leah and Harry will make sure someone is evaluating each assembly.
- Mrs Harris will make a folder of sheets to fill in.
- Next week: We will check that we are happy with how they are being completed and make an assembly running order for staff and worship leaders.
Wednesday 14th September:
- We came up with 2 ideas of causes we would like to support. The Gatehouse Food Bank in Bury St. Edmunds and the Children's ward at Addenbrookes hospital. We decided that we would have a collection for the food bank for Harvest and investigate how we could support children who may have to spend time in hospital over Christmas.
- Griff suggested we start to hand out the stones and crosses to children like we used to before Covid 19.
- It was also suggested that we promote the Prayer box in the hall and that members of worship team reads them out during Friday assembly.
- Leah and Lily will remind the children that they can use the Prayer Space to reflect on The Queen's Wisdom and Strength as well as their own.
- Next week: Look at evaluation sheets for Collective Worship
Wednesday 7th September
- Mrs Harris welcomed the new worship team, explained their roles and handed out badges that they could wear throughout the year. ne more badge needs to be ordered.
We discussed what jobs needed to be done during Collective Worship. We dicided worship team would fulfil these roles initially and then train other Y6 pupils later in the year.
Set up benches, chairs and entry music
Welcome people with the ‘gathering’
Play the song
Read the ‘sending’
Tidy the hall
Worship team will make sure evaluation sheets are completed daily and.
Next Week: Think about a charity to support through our Harvest Festival
What plans do we have for the future?
We would like to run an appeal at Christmas to support children who may have to spend Christmas in hospital, specifically Addenbrookes in Cambridge. This is a cause close to our hearts at the moment.