This week, 9 - 4 November 2020, Norton has taken part in ‘Maths Week England’.
Maths Week England aims to:
1. Raise the profile of mathematics throughout England
2. Change the conversation about maths in the population at large to be more positive
3. Enable children and adults from all social and economic backgrounds to access and enjoy interesting mathematical experiences
4. Support teachers to plan special low-cost high-impact maths activities at their own schools during Maths Week
5. Encourage Higher-Education centres to invite schoolchildren to visit for maths events, in order to raise aspirations and encourage a higher take-up of the study of maths at A-level and university
6. Make maths accessible and enjoyable for people who thought it was an elitist subject for ‘clever’ people: to ‘love and enjoy’ is a worthy goal!
To celebrate each class spent a whole morning doing fun maths related activities. The photographs show how much fun we had.